Building & Zoning

Zeeland Charter Township has contracted with Professional Code Inspections of Michigan Inc. (PCI) for Building Code Administration and Enforcement, and Zoning Administration effective June 15th, 2020. 

PCI's Jenison office is located at 1913 Baldwin St, Jenison MI  49428.  Operating hours are 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.  Their website is

Office hours will also be held at the Zeeland Charter Township office from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays to answer any building code or zoning questions.  Inspectors and Zoning Administrators are also available for phone calls during regular business hours and meetings by appointment outside of normal office hours. 

To schedule inspections or apply for permits call (616)667-8803.  All builiding permits should be email, dropped off or mailed to PCI, not Zeeland Charter Township.  Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing permits should still be turned in to the township. 

Building permits and inspections are required in the Township by the Michigan Building and Residential Codes for residential and non-residential buildings, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing permits. Some items that may not require a permit include, but are not limited to: fences six feet in height or less, new siding on a residential structure, replacement of same size windows, movable accessory buildings under 200 sq. ft, and replacement of roof shingles ONLY (no structural work).

Permit Applications

Building Permit Applications        

Ready for an Inspection?

Inspection Type Inspector Phone Number
Building PCI (616)667-8803
Electrical Gord Bosch (616)396-1448
Mechanical Gary Hoover (616)772-6465
Plumbing Gary Hoover (616)772-6465


Building Permit Fee Schedule
This fee schedule is for Building permits only.  All trade permits have their own fee chart.

Building Fee Schedule


Zoning Applications

Zoning Compliance - application to fence a yard
      Zoning Compliance Application

Land Division - a request to divide or split one parcel into multiple parcels
     Land Division Application

Rezoning or Zoning Text Amendment- A request to change a property from one zoning district to another zoning district, or to ask for an amendment to the Zoning Ordinance Act
     Zoning Amendment Application

Special Land Use - A request to use a property for one of the things listes as a "special use" in the Zoning Ordinance
     Special Land Use Application

Site Plan Review - A request to have a site plan reviewed by the Zoning Administrator and/or the Planning Commission
     Site Plan Review Application

Variance - A request for the The Zoning Board of Appeals to hear the appeal of those seeking relief from a requirement of the Zoning Ordinance, the order, decision, or opinion of the Township's Zoning Administrator, or the Planning Commission.  
     Variance Application

Important Links

Zoning Ordinance

Zoning Map

Ottawa County Road Commission 
(Driveway Permit)
Ottawa County Water Resources Commission 
(Soil Erosion & Sedimentation Control Permit)
Ottawa County Health Department 
(Wells & Septic Permits)